Make Waves Step Into Summer With Bouncy Big Beautiful Curls!



Step 1: The first step in creating big, bouncy curls is to apply a curl boosting mousse while the hair is still damp (you can also apply it to dry hair but it won’t spread out as evenly). I used Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse.

Step 2: After applying the mousse, I went in with a root plumper to give my hair a little more body. I used Catwalk Volume Collection Your Highness Root Boost Spray from TIGI.

Steps 3 / 4: After your hair dries completely, you can begin sectioning your hair. For each section, apply a heat protectant (I used TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Leave-In Spray) and brush out any knots.

Step 5: Curl 1/2″-1″ strands of hair at a time with a clip-free curling wand. The curling wand I used is the Remington Keratin Therapy 1 1/2″. Keep sectioning and curling your hair until your entire head is complete.

Steps 6 / 7: After your curls are completed, play with your hair a little until it is positioned the way you like and then use hairspray to finish. I used TRESemme Tres Two Spray in Extra Hold.


You may like some of our related pages: